Badgers Tennis Club, just round the corner in Church Place, is under serious threat of closure as the land owners want to develop the site for housing. The Club has historic links to the Kemp Town Estate – it was founded in 1897 on land provided by the Marquis of Bristol shortly after the Kemp Town residents voted to restore the 2 courts which were being built in the south west corner of the gardens. The club today is thriving and many of its members are still Kemp Town residents. It has been listed by the Council as an Asset of Community Value and its closure will be a real loss to the community.
Sign the petition here https://chn.ge/2O9002D.